To fold the Classic Crane you need a square piece of paper, preferably colored on one side if you want your crane to look nicer when it's finished. There is also paper made specifically for oragami easily available in crafts stores, you can use those too if you want.
Procedures for folding the classic craneEdit
1. Start with a perfectly square sheet of paper
2. Begin by folding the paper in half to obtain a right-angled isosceles triangle, with the colored side outward.
3. Fold the triangle in half to get a smaller right-angled isosceles triangle.
4. Open half of the triangle and press down to make a square.
5. Do the same for the other half.
6. Turn the square so that the side with open flaps faces your body.
7. Fold one corner of the squre so that its edge lines up with the centre line.
8. Repeat Step 7 with the remaining three flaps.
9. Fold down the top corner of the square so that the crease lies on the edge of the flaps in Step 7.
10. Open up the triangle and the flaps and lay them flat. The paper should now be in a square shape again.
11. Lift the bottom corner of the square and bring it to the top to form a kite shape.
12. Do the same for the other side.
13. Turn the paper so that the side of the kite with two separate halves points to your body.
14. Fold one bottom edge of the kite so that it lines up with the centre line.
15. Repeat Step 14 with the remaining 3 sides.
16. Lift up the two flaps in front and hold them so that the their faces are against each other.
17. Fold them down in this position.
18. Repeat Steps 16 and 17 with the two flaps in the rear.
19. Fold the two separate halves up as much as you can. Their tips should level with each other.
20. Fold one of the tips towards the inside to form the face.
21. Stretch the wings to blow up the body. If that doesn't work, blow up the body through the hole in the bottom.
It might be a little difficult to follow text instructions in making something 3D like oragami. The following diagram might explain the prodedures above better.